Saturday, May 1, 2010

How was your day?

The good news is that a community group cleaned up the playground this morning. The bad news is that I couldn't be there for most of it because I had to get my car inspected. The good news is that my car got a desperately-needed oil change and passed inspection. The bad news is that someone drove into the side of my car on the way home. The good news is that it was at low speed and I feel ok. The bad news is that I was too mentally shaken up to go to as much of Somerville Open Studios as I'd hoped to. The good news is that we saw some wonderful art and bought a lovely piece. The bad news is that we came home and found out that our water is now hazardous. The good news is that Lisa was able to buy some bottled water. The bad news is that neighbors we love are selling their house and moving away. The good news is that today is almost over.

4 comments:

Vardibidian said...

The bad news is that today was only Saturday.

Hope your days improve,
-V.

Antony Green said...

The good news is that you have a roof over your head and food on the table. You're able to easily get a hold of bottled water when your tap water is hazardous. You have a wife and friends and family who love you.

Laura A said...

Wow. Yikes on the car accident, but glad to hear you're mostly ok. I know what you mean about being shaken up. My car has been rear-ended twice and each time I spent about a week afterwards jumping several feet in the air at any loud noises.

Michael said...

V: Thank you.

Antony: Absolutely. The blessings in my life far outweigh the challenges, and I appreciate the reminder!

Laura: The previous car accidents I've experienced have been like that, where there was no advance warning. I used to think that it would be less distressing to see the car accident coming, but it just added an overlay of frustration that there was no way to get out of the other driver's way and no amount of honking was making her stop.