Saturday, April 12, 2008

Last meal before Passover: comments

One week until Passover, and shopping becomes harder. I don’t want to throw out tons of bread and other chametz next Saturday, so I have to pay attention to how much I put in the grocery cart. But almost as important as planning the seder dinner is figuring out what to have for my last non-Passover meals.

This isn’t a familiar problem for everyone, I know. Some people don’t keep kosher for Passover. For others, dietary restrictions mean that it’s Passover the whole year. What about you?

5 comments:

irilyth said...

Mmm, pizza. :^)

Anonymous said...

Pork product of some kind. Or shellfish. Or scallions wrapped in bacon!

The hard part for me isn't giving up chumetz, it's giving up treyf.

Thanks,
-V.

Michael said...

Hm, perhaps I should rethink my famous matzah ball and lobster chowder.

Anonymous said...

Those of us who have to adjust to cooking kosher for Passover (and I'm not really complaining...not like I will be at the end of Passover...It isn't the food limitations, it's the lack of cookware), prefer that we have take-out on the night before.

That said, we're having ribs tonight to get them out of the freezer and to fill up on pork products before Passover.

Michael said...

There was no clear winner in the poll. My last meal this year before Passover turned out to be grilled cheese and a bit of andouille sausage, if you don’t count the last bites of bread I ate as a friend’s child and I sat by the river throwing our chumetz to the invisible ducks.