Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Luke

Our greyhound Luke died this evening. It was very sudden, and we are devastated. He was a wonderful, gentle, and playful creature, and he lived a healthy and happy and long life. And he brought us a lot of joy. May he rest in peace.

Luke was a very big part of our lives over the past 9 years. We were blessed to share our home with him, and grateful that we could provide a good life for him. I’ll probably post some stories about him here, because those stories mean a lot to us. I know the grief and confusion we feel now will fade with time. I hope our memories of him don’t.

8 comments:

irilyth said...

:^(

(HUGS)

Anonymous said...

Damn... Lots of hugs. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I'm not a dog person, but I liked Luke... he was a big beautiful goofball, and I can't picture your hallway without him.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry. Luke was so much a part of your family, and we will miss him. We have good memories of walks with Luke (and with you and Lisa), and it was fun to watch him chase his hedgehog.

Thinking of you,
Fran, Ed, Brynnen and Maxie

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Luke was a good dog.

Anonymous said...

we're so sorry
much sympathy
deb, charles, emma and hannah

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear the news about Luke.

I hope you guys are holding up well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Luke was such a sweetie. *hugs*