Saturday, December 1, 2007

Surfing in circles

I’m clearly misunderstanding how to use various web tools at my disposal. I use Google Reader for a number of news sites and blogs, and I mark interesting posts by clicking the star. I’m gradually creating a fun personal library that I can rummage through, but I don’t know how to add other random web pages to it.

How do I keep track of the odd web site One Cold Hand? Or the occasional bit of moving writing about writing on a political blog that I don’t subscribe to? I want to put them in my personal library, without doing all of my web surfing through Google Reader. I suppose I could mention them in my blog, and subscribe to my blog, but that seems rather roundabout.

2 comments:

David said...

Um, del.icio.us?

I have this one:

del.icio.us/parkidavid

It's a godsend for tagging & keeping track of random anythingness on the internets.

Cheers,
David

Michael said...

I love your links there -- those are going to keep me busy this evening and for quite some time to come!

A big advantage of Google Reader for me is its ability to search the saved posts, sort of like a regular Google search on a constrained set of pages. But del.icio.us looks like a much more organized way to keep an annotated set of links.